Tuesday 22 November 2016

Some practise pieces of sports fashion photography, experimental.

For these photographs I wanted to just experiment with fashion related photography and try to capture a quite urban and grungy feel. This piece of work fell in line with some work I was doing for an actual brand Vypex Apparel.


For this one, I wanted to show that the product and the overall look was appropriate for it's environment, I wanted the subject to look like he belonged there. I found this alley with a lot of graffiti and a lot of broken and derelict features. The lighting on the following sequence of photo's is very low and I felt like this was appropriate for the setting, there was one street light that lit up the area as the sun was set. I really lowered the exposure to keep it quite grungy and really played to the environments advantages. 


On this one I tried to focus on the subject more than the environment, the way he was facing meant that the light was cast onto one half of his face, and the other being under exposed. I found that this was a good look that resembled the feel for the environment and the look of the outfit and clothing.


This portrait shot behind the subject is fitting for the market and the overall look. Being a sports brand it was showing the subject going from the dark to the light, representing using their clothing will help you to achieve your goals. I feel these photographs could look well in a magazine article dedicated to sports fashion.


No comments:

Post a Comment