Tuesday 29 November 2016

Layout in fashion magazines


Layout in fashion magazines

I like this example of layout on the left hand page and how it reflects the mood of the overall article. I like how it's not exactly aligned perfectly with both columns being offset, as well as this they're not centrally aligned meaning it's not applying to print convention. Overall it helps reflect the mood and the styling of the article of being a different perspective and trying to break the rules and stand out and it works really well.


Same with this one,  I liked how the columns of text are floating around the images and graphic features creating a unique flow to the page, it really applies well to the imagery which surrounds the piece and gives a abstract feel. I like how the use of bold colours are used which contrast each other effectively.


Firstly, I love the imagery on this one, the editing to create a really abstract feel looks really fascinating, with the features being pasted and blended well over the hand and the arm. Secondly I like the arrangement of both text and images on this article. They continue on from the strange nature of the images with how the text is spread around.


I like how simple this example is in comparison to the others, showing it doesn't have to be really abstract to look good and unique for the article. I like how it's split into three columns in the middle which are all evenly distributed. As well as this, I like how the typography of the title really contrasts the main text but despite this really compliments the simplicity.


For this article, I like how the images and text all overlapped each other resembling a photobook feel. It feel like the images and text have been just cut out and arranged by hand, it gives a real natural and personal feel to the article and the black and white and faded images give a dated look with a bold amount of white space around all the features.

Image result for layout fashion magazine

I really liked this example and in particular how all the text wraps around the image making it combine into one large piece. I like how the number six is arranged like it is going through the model creating a natural effect and not like the text has been added or placed on top of the image. 


No comments:

Post a Comment